Need To Know 5th January 2018
Welcome back everyone. I hope you had a really lovely Christmas break with your families and friends. We’re now into our busy Spring term. Please remember to read this flyer carefully each week for the key information about what is going on in school. It can always be found on the school website in the ‘blog’ section.
You will be getting details of the curriculum for the new term over the next few weeks. Class teachers will also be setting home learning tasks. Please remember the importance of reading every day. We hope to have our library completed this term, so that will be a big boost for our book lovers.
You will continue to get a class newsletter each week. This should give you plenty of ideas of how you can help your child at school, and find out what they’ve been up to!
Any questions or concerns please feel free to come and see us.
Thanks and Happy New Year,
Steve and the team
What’s going on next week?
Need to know:
- If you are sending a snack in for your child, they need to now keep it in their classroom (in their bag or tray) and not their lunchbox.
- Music lesson start dates here.
- Clubs for this term here.
- Spring menu here.
- Tuesday 9th January- PTA meeting from 7.30-8.30pm in the Staff Room
- The popular ‘Understanding children Solihull course’ is running again at St Peter’s. It had overwhelmingly positive feedback last year. Read here.
- Now is the time to apply for your place in Reception at the school. The deadline is 15th January. More details here: https://new.devon.gov.uk/educationandfamilies/school-information/apply-for-a-school-place/apply-for-a-primary-school-place. Please see us if you need any support.
- You may qualify for Pupil Premium and Free School Meals. Please see here. It can dramatically help the school in these times of decreasing education finances.
- Swimming details here.
- Club details here.
- Current menu here.
- Paying online via Schoolcomms – www.schoolgateway.com
Dates for the Spring Term 2018
Tuesday 9th January- PTA meeting from 7.30-8.30pm in the Staff Room
Tuesday 16th January- Governors Resources Committee Meeting from 6-8pm in the Staff Room
Friday 19th January- Stay and Play for New Nursery Parents from 9-10am
Monday 22nd January- Years 5/6 Quicksticks Hockey Festival at ECC from 4-5.30pm
Monday 29th January- Swimming restarts
Monday 29th January- Years 3/4 Quicksticks Hockey Festival at ECC from 4-5.30pm
Thursday 1st February-Nursery phonics event from 7.15-8.30pm in the School Hall
Monday 5th February to Friday 9th February- Healthy Eating Week
Tuesday 6th February- Parents Evening from 4-7pm
Tuesday 6th February- Governors Teaching and Learning Committee Meeting from 6-8pm in the Staff Room
Thursday 8th February- Parents Evening from 4-7pm
Friday 9th February- KS2 First Aid workshops with Mark McGlade
Friday 9th February- PTA Film Night from 6-8pm in the School Hall
Monday 12th February to Friday 16th February- Half Term
Tuesday 20th February- Years 5/6 Quicksticks Hockey Competition at ECC from 2-4pm
Wednesday 21st February- Year 6 (19 pupils) ECC Electricity Workshop from 11.15am-1.15pm at ECC
Monday 26th February- Nursery Family Day Out
Tuesday 27th February- Full Governing Body meeting from 6-8pm in the Staff Room
Wednesday 28th February- Year 6 (19 pupils) ECC Electricity Workshop from 11.15am- 1.15pm at ECC
Wednesday 28th February- Stockland Cross Country from 2.30-5pm
Friday 9th March- Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra (BSO) Outreach Ensemble Playing Day from 2-5pm at Exeter University
Friday 9th March- BSO Outreach Ensemble Project Concert from 7-8.30pm at Exeter University
Monday 12th March- INSET Day (School Closed)
Tuesday 13th March- Nursery Easter Event from 9-10am
Friday 16th March pm- All of KS2 to Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra Concert- Secrets and Codes at Exeter University.
Monday 19th March to Friday 23rd March- Year 5 Bikeability Levels 1 and 2
Tuesday 20th March pm- Music Concert rehearsal in the School Hall
Tuesday 20th March- Governors Resources Committee Meeting from 6-8pm in the Staff Room
Wednesday 21st March- Music Concert in the School Hall from 6-7pm
Thursday 22nd March- KS2 class musical performance at Baycourt from 2-3pm
Friday 23rd March- PTA Chocolate Bingo at 5.30pm in the School Hall
Monday 26th March- Last swimming lesson today for this term
Thursday 29th March- Last Day of Term
Friday 30th March- Start of the Easter holidays
Monday 16th April- Summer Term starts