Ways to get help - quick reference
Ways that you can get help – quick reference
education – finance – food – medical – isolation
Struggling with home learning?
- Get in touch with us. We can help you and your child in lots of different ways. If they are reluctant, struggling with the work, or you have problems with access or juggling work commitments. Let us know!
- Prefer to work from sheets? We can print off worksheets on the Google classroom for you to collect
Access to laptops
- We have a small supply of Chromebooks that we can loan out for free.
- We are running a campaign to get more, so this supply will increase dramatically. More on this soon.
- If you can donate an old laptop or tablet (factory reset) – that would be greatly appreciated.
Increase the access to broadband via your mobile phone
- I can apply to your mobile phone provider to increase your data allowance.
Access to school resources
- Need books? Pens, pencils, paper etc? Let us know. Deliveries will take place on Monday.
- You can order Library Books for collection from school or delivery. We have updated our Library request form: https://www.st-peters-school.org.uk/parents/school-library/
Free School Meals
- We can cook a hot meal for you to collect each day.
- The Spring lockdown menu is here: https://www.st-peters-school.org.uk/parents/menus/
- We can send you a weekly food hamper.
- We can send you some food vouchers to use in the local shops.
- We can refer you to the Exmouth Food Larder or you can contact them on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07787 882075
- We are expecting the government to issue free school meal vouchers like they did last time, but no confirmation of this yet.
Financial support if your income has been affected – available to ALL parents.
The Budleigh Support Group is here to help. We can give you food vouchers, or you can apply to get some ongoing financial support to cover your shortfall. https://www.budleighsupport.co.uk/
- Call 999 if in immediate danger.
- Call the helpline on 0345 155 1074
Medical health including mental health
The medical practice is still open for ALL your medical needs. Call 01395 441212
Mental health support www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters
If you are in self-isolation
Contact the Budleigh Hub on 01395 44 68 96 for home deliveries, including shopping and prescriptions
Financial Hardship Fund – East Devon CC
If residents are struggling to afford food or other essentials, ask them to fill in our online application form: https://eastdevon.gov.uk/coronavirus-covid-19/benefits-and-council-tax/information-financial-hardship-fund/ Help available includes access to emergency short term support through shopping vouchers, food bank referrals, utility top ups, paying for essential travel needs, or essential advice and support services, or referrals to apply for Benefits.