The Pupil Premium is additional funding allocated to schools to improve the academic outcomes of eligible pupils of all abilities.
Pupils are eligible for the Pupil Premium if:
- They qualify for Free School Meals – even if only for a relatively short period of time; or
- They are a looked-after child (LAC) as defined in the Children Act 1989; or
- They have ceased to be looked after by a local authority in England and Wales because of adoption, a special guardianship order, a child arrangements order or a residence order.
A separate Services Pupil Premium (reduced amount of £300 per annum) is available if:
- One of their parents is serving in the regular armed forces;
- One of their parents died whilst serving in the armed forces and the pupil receives a pension under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme or the War Pensions Scheme;
- One of their parents is on full commitment as part of the full time reserve service are classed as service children.
What are the benefits?
I want my child/children to have these opportunities and for my family to be supported. How do I apply?
Apply using the Devon County Council Citizen Portal: https://oneonline.devon.gov.uk/CCSCitizenPortal_LIVE/Account/Login
You will need your date of birth and your National Insurance number.
I don’t think I will be eligible?
The benefits far outweigh the short time needed to complete the online form. You will get an instant decision.
Want further details about the Pupil Premium?
Parents and carers can also ring the Education Helpline on 0345 155 1019.
My child is in Reception/Year 1/Year 2 and so already gets a free school meal. Do I need to apply?
Every child in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 receives a universal free school meal. This is not the same as the Pupil Premium.
You need to apply as above.
Please ask as we can sit with you and complete the online form in school. We will even provide a cup of tea!
I will do it later!
Do not put this off! If applications are received after a certain date, then this will significantly delay Pupil Premium payments by up to a year.