Rowan - 2 & 3
Mr Murray – Year 2 & 3
I would like to thank everyone who donated to our Just Giving page over Christmas – we raised an enormous £130 towards Alzheimer’s research! Many, many thanks.
Swimming – Whole class – Friday
PE – Tuesday
The curriculum for this term
This half term, Rowan class will learn about Japan. We will learn key general knowledge facts such as where Japan is on a map, what language is spoken, population and its rich culture.
- We will…
- Recognise the Japanese flag
- Understand the significance of big, modern cities that are centers of industry and business.
- Become familiar with traditional Japanese culture
- Traditional craft: origami
- Traditional dance: buyo
- Traditional garment: kimono
- Know the Emperor is the nominal leader, but the real power in the hands of shoguns.
- Samurai, code of Bushido
- Rigid class system in feudal Japanese society
- Japan closed to outsiders
- Buddhism: the four Noble Truths & the Eightfold Path, Nirvana
- Shintoism: reverence for ancestors, reverence for nature.
Current home-learning expectations
Reading – Year 2 – 15 minutes per day, Year 3 – 20 mins minimum. (please record in the reading logs as these will be checked weekly.)
Spelling – New spellings will be given each week to practise at home.
Maths – Please log into Times Table Rockstars to practise multiplication and related division facts at home.