The Board of Governors are responsible for setting the strategic direction for St Peter’s School, as well as for supporting the leadership team to manage the school’s performance. The majority of Governors are appointed by the Diocese of Exeter, with the remainder made up of parents, staff and a local authority appointee.
The Governing Body may delegate some of its functions to committees. The Governing Body at St Peter’s C of E Primary School has the following committees:
- Resources Committee – deals with the finances of the school, personnel, premises and health and safety.
- Teaching and Learning Committee – deals with the curriculum, inclusion, SEND, school improvement, pupil premium and church links.
- Admissions Panel – oversees the Admissions policy and reviews admissions.
- Pay and Performance Committee – to consider and monitor staff pay recommendations.
- Head Teacher Appraisal Committee – The Governing Board carries out the annual appraisal of the Head Teacher.
- 1st Committee
- 2nd Committee
Please see the information below about individual governors and which committees they sit on.
Full Governing Body meetings and meetings of the Resources Committee and Teaching and Learning Committee are open to the public. Please see the school diary for the next meeting. If you would like a copy of the Minutes from a meeting please contact the clerk to the governors, Sarah Beazer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please look at the navigation bar on the right for meeting attendance information.