Before and after school club
Key information at a glance
The breakfast club operates from 7.30am – 8.45am during term time.
The after school club operates from 3.00pm – 6.00pm during term time.
The club leaders are Mrs Debbie Morrish and Mrs Helen Richards.
- the school office on 01395 443167 or email@example.com
- the club phone (for when the school office is shut) is 07857 464734. Please add this number to your contacts as it is the only way you can reach the after school club when the school office shuts.
Current cost schedule
- £5 per child for breakfast club.
- £12 per child for after school club.
Please note, these costs can change at any time. The latest information will always be displayed here.
BOOKING AND PAYMENTS GO LIVE ON 7th DECEMBER. We open on Wed 4th Jan.
Book and pay online at www.schoolgateway.com
Click on ‘New User’. You’ll receive a text message with a PIN number. Use this PIN to log in to School Gateway.
There will be a minimum transaction amount of £10 when booking sessions online. There will be a facility to top up your account balance with credit to use for the school club at a later date if you wish.
Trouble logging in? It may be because the school doesn’t have your current email and mobile phone number on record. Please contact the school and we’ll update the details on our system.
Alternatively, visit the school office to book and pay in cash or cheque.
Introduction and overview
An introduction from senior club leaders Mrs Morrish and Mrs Richards
Please read the policy document for specific information including procedures. As this is a new venture we would welcome parent and child feedback so we can make this provision as good as we can.
At St Peter’s our motto is “Growing together in mind, body and spirit”. We value ‘community’ and meeting the needs of the families of Budleigh. After establishing there is a need for a ‘wrap-around’ childcare service, the school is proud to be able to offer a breakfast and after school club, within a safe and secure environment, offering a range of activities based on the children’s interests.
This wrap-around care provision is for the current children of St. Peter’s school. It is at present term time only. Once the club is up and running we will ascertain whether we can provide holiday care. At the moment, there are no plans to be able to provide this for February half term or Easter, although this might change.
The clubs will be child centred, purposeful, playful and fun.
The school also offers a range of extra-curricular activity clubs which are organised by current staff members or external providers, which follow on from the end of the school day. (It should be noted that any external clubs will charge an additional fee.) You can find out about these clubs when they are released at the start of each term. However, for after school club children we plan to provide swimming twice a week, on a Monday and Wednesday. If your child attends the club on this day please send them in with their kit!
Our breakfast club runs from 7.30am to 8.45am, Monday to Friday. The club will be fully supervised, providing a safe and fun start to the day which includes indoor activities, games and reading. There will be a choice of breakfast cereals, toast and fruit for your child/children to enjoy plus a drink each day.
After school club
Our after school club runs from 3.00pm to 6pm, Monday to Friday. Once again the club will be fully supervised where the children will be encouraged to have fun through play-based activities. Once registered, we will start with a healthy snack and a drink for the children. Those children who are attending any extra-curricular activities can be taken to their chosen clubs or go independently if they are mature enough.
The after school club is lucky enough to be able to take full advantage of the whole school environment, including the playground, field, science garden and swimming pool. The children are free to choose from a selection of both planned and unplanned activities which enhances their learning. Resources will be readily available, which could include arts and crafts, colouring and drawing, board games, construction, role play, physical play and quiet areas for reading etc. Laptops will occasionally be available for educational games and for those who wish to do homework. There will also be themed weeks based on Christmas, Easter, Mothers day and the celebrations of other cultures and traditions, where the children can get all creative. On Fridays there will be an option of a DVD; a Friday-night-treat for the children to chill and enjoy a film – with popcorn of course!
At St Peter’s we recognise the importance of healthy eating. The children will sit down to a healthy tea at 5pm. A variety of sandwiches, crumpets, tea cakes, rice cakes, yoghurts, fruit and raw vegetables will be provided at this time. Baked beans on toast and soup will also be included on our menu at certain times. As our school promotes independence, we will encourage the children to help prepare their own sandwiches etc and to clear away afterwards. Once the club has started we will investigate serving hot food from the kitchen.
Payment and booking
The payment system, via our online system (Schoolcomms) will go live on Friday 7th December. You will also be able to pay dinner and trip money via this system.
We will send further information out with instructions on Friday 7th December.
- Ongoing feedback from the children will be sought and encouraged, to find out what activities they enjoyed throughout the week as the children’s interests are central to our aims.
- We will meet any of your child’s individual dietary or specific requirements, and preferences where possible. However if you child would like any alternatives, these can be sent into school on the day.
- If any child has an accident whilst at any of our clubs, as parents you will be informed when you collect your child, or immediately if there are any concerns regarding the injury.
- We are still working on a name! We plan to get the children to help us with this.
- Please keep checking the website for the most up to date information.
- There will be a chance to have an informal chat and to meet staff to ask questions on Wednesday 7th December after school.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
We are very excited to be starting this new venture at the school!
Debbie Morrish and Helen Richards
Detailed policy information
The before and after school club exists to provide high quality out-of-school hours childcare for our parents. It provides a range of stimulating and creative activities in a safe environment, within our ethos of ‘growing together in mind, body and spirit’. The club will be run by staff from the school, and led by Mrs Debbie Morrish and Mrs Helen Richards.
The breakfast club operates from 7.30am – 8.45am during term time.
The after school club operates from 3.30pm – 6.00pm during term time.
A copy of this policy is provided to all parents of children attending the club and is also available on the school website. An update to date price-schedule is available from the school office and school website.
All parents must complete a registration form for each child attending the club and sign this agreement to adhere to the terms of this policy.
- Only children attending St Peter’s C of E Primary School are eligible to attend.
- All places are subject to availability.
- The registration process must be completed prior to the child’s commencement at the club.
- All parents will receive a paper copy of this policy and this policy is available to view via our school website.
- Non contracted pupils are welcomed to use the club provided there are spaces and parents/carers have previously completed the registration process.
- All club staff are made aware of the details of a new child.
- Children’s attendance is recorded in a register.
Arrival and Departure
Before School Club
- Parents/Carers are required to bring their child directly to club and sign them in. You should enter the club via the external foyer at the main school entrance, the staff will be alerted to your arrival when you press the doorbell situated on the right of the doors.
- Children will be escorted onto the playgrounds at 8.40am by the club staff. Very young or immature children may be taken straight into class. If it is raining, children will be taken straight into class.
After School Club
- Children in Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and 2 will be collected by a member of the club staff directly from their classroom.
- Children in years 3, 4, 5 and 6 will make their way directly to Plum class to be greeted by a member of the club staff.
- The club staff will take a register of all contracted children and will liaise with the class teacher/school office to determine any reason why a child is not accounted for.
- When a child is collected at the end of or during a session, they must be signed out by a parent/carer or named collector and the time recorded.
- The parent/carer or named collector must inform a member of staff that they are collecting and signing out a child.
- Parents/carers must ensure that any person who may collect their child is listed on the registration form and that it is kept fully up to date.
- Parents must inform Club staff if their child is going to be absent from Club by phoning the school office or emailing email@example.com
- Parents bring their children to Before School Club situated in Plum class where a range of activities are set out.
- 8.00am children wishing to have breakfast wash their hands ready to enjoy a freshly prepared breakfast.
- 8.35am tidy up time encouraging the children to take responsibility for the environment.
- 8.40am children collect their coats and bags. Children are escorted to their appropriate playground where they meet up with the rest of the children awaiting the start of school.
After school session
- 3:00pm – Nursery children collected from Nursery and taken into Plum class.
- 3:30pm – All other children collected/make their way to Plum class for registration.
- 3.45pm – 4.00pm – children will be given a healthy snack and drink; staff members will sit with the children at this time. Children can then choose from a range of play and planned activities, both indoors and outdoors. The list of clubs will be advertised in advance to parents. For some clubs (with an external provider) there may be an additional charge.
- 5:00pm – children will have their tea.Parents are allowed to send their child in with a packed-dinner from home if they wish.
- 5:45pm – tidy up time encouraging the children to take responsibility for the environment.
Whilst attending Club children are expected to follow the school ethos and rules. The school behaviour management policy applies at all times, including the rewards and sanctions.
The school first aid and administration of medication policy applies at all times.
Parents of any child who become unwell during Club will be contacted immediately. If a child is sent home during school hours, the school office will inform the Club of their absence.
Missing or Uncollected children
In the event that a child goes missing, the following procedure will be undertaken:
- Senior school staff will be informed of the missing child.
- Club supervisor will search the inside of the building and delegate an outside search of the building to another member of staff. If the child remains missing, the emergency services will be contacted.
If a child has not been collected by 6.00pm parents will be contacted in the first instance by telephone.
The additional contacts parents have provided will be telephoned in the second instance. If these contacts are unavailable after approximately one hour, the police and Social Services will be informed.
A charge will be levied for late collection. A fee will be applied for late collection from 6.05pm onwards at £1 per minute per child. This charge must be paid immediately at the school office.
Payment of Fees
Fees are to be paid in advance into a ‘Before and After School account’, and payment is due for all contracted sessions even if your child is unable to attend their booked session*.
The parent signing the clubs registration form is known as the ‘contracting parent’ and is responsible for payment of all fees.
If a parent is experiencing difficulty with payment of their fees, they should contact the school office staff as soon as possible. Our staff will treat all matters confidentially and arrange for discussions in private.
It is possible to pay fees via our online booking system. This can be accessed via the internet, app or at the school office. The name of the booking system is ‘SchoolComms’. We are also willing to take childcare vouchers.
Sessions will be ‘released’ for booking on a termly basis. Sessions will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Parents will be informed when sessions have been released via text message and the school newsletter.
The current session capacity is 24 children.
*Parents can change or cancel their sessions up to 4 weeks prior to their child attending a specific session without incurring a charge. Any change or cancellation after this point is non-refundable.
Related Whole School Policies:
The before and after school club is an extension of the school, so all school policies apply to the running of this provision. Of particular note are:
- Safeguarding and Child protection policy.
- Equal opportunities policy.
- Health and Safety policy.
- First aid and administration of medicines.
- Online safety policy.