Brighter Smiles for Budleigh
As part of the St Peter’s curriculum, we are building in certain life-skills.
Last week we had a visit from Dr Maurice Sims, from Ashbury Dental Care in Budleigh.
He very kindly gave his time to help educate the children about how to keep their smiles looking bright and healthy!
The main messages were:
- Brush for two minutes, twice a day.
- Use fluoride toothpaste.
- Spit but don’t rinse this out.
- Having a balance in your diet, reducing sugar and acid intake.
- Sugar feeds the ‘bad germs’ that produce acid that will rot your teeth.
- Acid can be washed away after fruit with a small glass of water.
The children were shocked to find out how much sugar is in certain foods, and how acid can disolve away a tooth.
We also had a go at brushing thoroughly. Below are some of the winning posters that get across the messages so well.
The children were all delighted to receive a sugar-free sweet too! Not all nice things are bad for your teeth!!