We have the following aims:
- Children can engage with, understand, look after and appreciate Budleigh Salterton and the surrounding area.
- St Peter’s and its pupils can give something back/add to the community in Budleigh.
- St Peter’s has a strong relationship with the town.
- We can meet the needs of the community and the environment.
The following is our current list of groups and organisations who we work in partnership with to achieving the following. We thank them all for helping us to shape our curriculum.
- Clinton Devon Estates, who own most of the land around us, and allow us to access their land for our learning,
- Fairlynch Museum, who provide their expertise and museum resources to us.
- Otter Valley Association, who provide their expertise and members to support our curriculum.
- Budleigh Medical Practice Patient Participation Group, who attend the school each year to teach the children about life skills.
- Home Instead Senior Care, who we learn about being dementia-friendly, collaborate with and do outreach work.
- Budleigh Salterton Cricket Association, who provide a cricket coach and tournament each year.
- East Devon Education Rangers.
- BUDFAS – Budleigh Salterton Decorative and Fine Arts Society, whom we collaborate with.
- Budleigh Literary Festival, who provide opportunities for the children around books and with authors.
- Ashbury Dental Practice, who teach the children about dental hygiene.
- Budleigh Library.
- Budleigh in Bloom.
- Lions Club.
- Budleigh Buddies drama group.
Budleigh has many festivals, including Gala Week, Food, Music, and Literary that we try to involve the school with each year.
PODCASTS created by School Nurses that parents and teachers may find useful:-
Film 1 – The Importance of Fluid Intake is https://youtu.be/WyLBntO9FQQ
Film 2 – Bladder Control & Potential Problems is https://youtu.be/OzD6nBe-mYI
Film 3 – Bowel Control & Potential Problems is https://youtu.be/lKh9PgzeDyg
Devon County Council
At Citizens Advice we realise that sometimes it’s not convenient to go to your nearest CAB office, which is why we have launched www.adviceeastdevon.org.uk as a way of obtaining self help advice or to get in contact with Citizens Advice and other charities to help resolve your issue free of charge.